Web Apps for Statistics Education via R Shiny
I enjoy developing interactive web apps using R Shiny to help illustrate statistics
concepts for my students.
Links to Shiny apps I have created
- Happy apps:
13 apps for introductory statistics. Thanks to Danny Kaplan for hosting these!
- Code for all apps at a GitHub repo
Tools for learning R Shiny from RStudio
- How to Start Shiny tutorial:
Highly recommended for those who already know R (this is how I started).
- Shiny widgets gallery:
Examples of the many ways users can interact with an R Shiny app (with code)
Presentations about Shiny apps
- United States Conference on Teaching Statistics (USCOTS) 2019
- Electronic Conference on Teaching Statistics (eCOTS)
Virtual Poster (video), 2018
- Department seminar (slides), 2016
- Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium at GVSU
(which itself is a Shiny app)